[Clipart] Apple Logo

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Sep 7 12:40:09 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 10:11 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:52:32AM -0600, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I made an SVG of Apple's logo
> >
> > ftp://qcadesigner.ca/incoming/BlueAppleLogo.svg
> >
> > based on a png derived from an OSX icon
> >
> > ftp://qcadesigner.ca/incoming/BlueApple.png
>
> Wow, this looks extremely cool!  I love how you've captured the "glow".
>
> Note that since this is a company's trademarked logo, it cannot be
> legally placed into the Public Domain.  OCAL would get into trouble if
> we distributed it.  (In fact, we're considering making a rule to not
> have any logos - even open source project logos).
>
> If you don't get a good answer to your shading question on this list,
> I'd encourage you to try inkscape-users@, since there's a bigger set of
> guru users there than here.  ;-)

You know, I think I'm voting for the no logo policy. I think we should
allow parts of a logo to compose with, but not whole logos. Really, we
are not in the business of including compositions, but component parts.

Who's with me on this ;)

The apple logo looks awesome though btw! Please submit more artwork done
in this styling!

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org