[Clipart] Duplicated items / keywords question

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Mon Sep 19 23:50:07 PDT 2005

momo wrote:
> Yes, the amount of duplicates is huge and I agree with you that they
> should be deleted. The clipart must be cleaned from them, even if this
> reduces the total number of items. But I think it would be useful to
> check if some duplicates were made deliberately, to add keywords (for
> example somebody posted a drawing, then added keywords to it end
> reposted the same drawing again.)

This is the way most duplicated appeared: an image has multiple
keywords, the files were grouped by directories based on keywords, so
the image ended in multiple directories, each corresponding to one of
its associated keywords.

> Also, I have a question: How many drawings do not have keywords at all?

All the images without keywords should end in the 'unsorted' category -
http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/unsorted

> And if they exist, how can we add keywords to them? I ask this because
> I'm worried about the Openclipart website's search poor (not to say
> unexisting) abilities: is it caused by the fact that some drawings lack
> keywords, or is it a search engine's bug?

Is not easy at all to modify keywords. The best way to help here would
be to help Bryce implementing the Document Management System.

--
nicu