[Clipart] Duplicated items / keywords question

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Sep 21 00:52:23 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 11:13 +0000, Matthew Gates wrote:
> > This is the way most duplicated appeared: an image has multiple
> > keywords, the files were grouped by directories based on keywords, so
> > the image ended in multiple directories, each corresponding to one of
> > its associated keywords.
>
> If we want items to appear in more than one directory, maybe we should
> have all the files in one place (e.g. unsorted), and then build the
> category directories containing only symbolic links?
>
> To me the most logical way to do this would be to put all the files in
> unsorted and adding symlinks from many categories to the unsorted file as
> and when they are categorised.

Cool, we have debated this much on the list in the past. Please check
the archives on gmane.org.

Anyhow, we need to put energy into DMS which will hopefully solve this
issue.

I propose that we release only SVG in our packages from now on to shrink
the overall package size much.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org