[Clipart] Inclusion of copyrighted logo in your library

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Sep 22 00:16:47 PDT 2005

Jose Hevia wrote:
>>This is still same thing ... copyright holder must do it. And GPL lisences
>>doesn't do better ... there is still away to abuse the artwork.
>

> Right, but if we ask the Inscape guys to GPL their logo, or the
> Blender foundation they could say "yes". Maybe a short license the
> author agrees but something...

this is the confusion of copyright and trademark Bryce talked about.
the Inkscape logo *is* GPL, it is provided with full sources in the CVS:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/inkscape/inkscape_project/artwork/logo-2-color.svg?rev=1.2&view=log

if Inkscape people request trademark protection for it, then the logo
would be both GPL and nor legally reusable outside some guidelines.

--
nicu