[Clipart] Inclusion of copyrighted logo in your library

Jose Hevia jose.francisco.hevia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:13:46 PDT 2005

> This is still same thing ... copyright holder must do it. And GPL lisences
> doesn't do better ... there is still away to abuse the artwork.

Right, but if we ask the Inscape guys to GPL their logo, or the
Blender foundation they could say "yes". Maybe a short license the
author agrees but something...

It's not possible to make that with "Public domain". This is what I mean.

> I'm not sure are you the person that abused the blender logo

I'm not.  It's no one of my icons either.

> but it's not
> even good advertise to use others logo. Peoples aren't so stupid. But
> lawyers can handel that ... trademark is trademark even if logo is in ocal
> but the person that put it into ocal can also be in charge.

...be in charge...  Oh, My God! I will go to jail for drawing icons!!!

Trademark is trademark. I had made dozens of logos, I only summited
the ones I thought (wrongly) were not to conflict.
Blender is an open source project I feel very join too. I have taught
other people to use it at the University for free just because I love
this program. I just didn't felt the necessity to ask for permission
when I use "the Gimp" logo for a "Gimp course" poster.

One of the best things GPL did were "not have to ask for permission"
for using/modifying a program(bureaucracy) if you make it the right
way, I think the same has to be done with logos (only) in Open Source
programs.

        Jose Hevia