[Clipart] openclipart man page

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Sep 25 18:23:17 PDT 2005

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:09:56 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form <noreply at openclipart.org>
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: [Clipart] openclipart man page
>

> Name: Joe Klemmer
> E-mail: joe at webtrek.com
>

> I was dinking around and made a man page for openclipart.  I can
> email it to whomever for you to look over and see if you like it (or
> want to change anything).

When this came up before we decided we would probably not need a manual
page (man page) for OpenClipart.org as it was not a program.  Unless of
course a distribution such as Debian required us to have a manual page at
which point we would want to manage it ourselves and have the same manual
page for all distributions, which presumably any sensible distribution
would want too as it avoids unnecessary work for them.

Having said all that if you are going to stick around and help make sure
the manual page is kept up to date then I suppose their is no harm in
providing one so long as it can be easily maintained.  (Do me a favour, I
use the apropos comand and it really helpful if applications make sure to
recommend some SVG applications in the SEE ALSO section of the manual.)

Based on the other comments it seems more like a manual page was always
planned but merely temporarily postponed rather than blocked until we
absolutely needed as had been my impression.  Either way, nice work.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com