[Clipart] cchost and svg status update

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Aug 17 00:20:56 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 11:41 -0400, Roan Horning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This week I finally committed patches to getid3 library on
> cvs.freedesktop.org:
> see http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/clipart/experimental/rejon/getid3/getid3/

Super awesome!

> I also submitted a patch to the Creative Commons Tools project on
> sourceforge to allow cchost to recognize svg files:
> see:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1541033&group_id=80503&atid=559968

Immensely awesome!!!

> My test bed cchost site for OCAL is running again: see
> http://ocal.horning.us
> I've done some work on the css to make it reflect the current style
> scheme for OCAL.  Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Did you get your access to freedesktop.org sorted out? It would be great
to apply your changes to our working test site so we can start moving
uploads to that site...

I think the next most important step is to get our current collection
into ccHost. This would be best brought up on the cchost list (and cc'd
on this list). There are several ways to deal with this, including
develop basic import of content from an RSS or ATOM feed (since we
already have basic dumping capability, Victor and I discussed adding
import of RSS or ATOM for ccHost.

Another idea would be to make a migration script. This will be
interesting because normally in ccHost, uploads are put under each
author's folder, in a folder called people. Also, we have to deal with
our current folder hierarchy, which we can basically do away with since
we will have the full tag (keyword) based approach with each image, and
can adapt our old tools to develop future packaging around the
collection later.

Anyhow, we need to analyze this problem better than my brain dump...this
is a trailing note as I'm nodding off in bed....z.zzz.zzz.zzzz...

Brilliant work Roan!

Jon

Thanks,

> --Roan