[Clipart] logo

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Feb 15 11:26:39 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 13:37 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:02:30PM -0500, Nathan Eady wrote:
> > Nathan Eady wrote:
> > > That seems a bit better.
> > > On browsers that support CSS well.
> > > IE users are still out in the cold for now, though.
> >
> > Known remaining problems:
> >  * At resolutions less than about 850px wide, text overlaps.
> >  * We're back to having a worse-than-useless search box in
> >    our header.  It doesn't work, even for finding the test
> >    images that have been uploaded, but always just reloads the
> >    front page.  Also, text typed into the search box is styled
> >    with a system-default foreground and a site-specified background,
> >    which makes it nearly illegible for me (if I have page colors
> >    enabled) and is generally considered Very Bad Practice.
> >  * All of banner-html starts lower on the page than I would like;
> >    it is not vertically centered on the colored header background.
> >  * On legacy browsers, most of the content of banner-html is not
> >    visible except where it overlaps other text, and is not legible
> >    there, nor is the text that it overlaps legible either, unless
> >    the user selects it.  This is because it is positioned below
> >    the colored bar, rather than on it.  Only the logo image
> >    appears where it is supposed to.
>
> How difficult/important do you think it'll be to get these issues sorted
> out?  The search breakage sounds fairly serious but I take it the others
> are cosmetic?

I think the search breakage has to do with not using pretty URLs (this
is disabled currently). I know search works in my local installation
with pretty URLs turned on. (Which reminds me I need to make some simple
code so that we can all load a local setup with the current DB for our
usage.)

Jon

> Bryce

San Francisco, CA