[Clipart] Installing Clip Arts

momo momo at lumenstudio.net
Fri Jan 13 12:22:40 PST 2006

Hello,

Your english IS good! :)

Well, to use the clipart with OpenOffice 2.0.1, you have two possibilities:

1 - Use the OpenOffice SVG import plugin. This plugin gives OpenOffice 2.0
to import SVG graphics into text documents, spreadsheets etc. You can find
it here http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SVG_Import_Filter along
with informations about the installation and use. You can aslo try to search
in google about this SVG import plugin to find more infos. But this
possibility has a big insufficiency: you can't edit SVG once it has been
imported. It can reduce the amount of clipart you will be able to use since
you won't be able to adapt it to your needs, mood, etc... Also, since this
plugin is still in development, there may be som problems with importing
some SVG graphics.

2 - Use Inkscape (www.inkscape.org). It is a free, simple, open source SVG
graphic editor. With its help, you'll be able to Open, Edit, Save and even
create your own graphics. Also, Inkscape can export graphics to PNG format,
a bitmap format that is natively supported in OpenOffice (and almost any
other text editor, graphic editor, browser etc...). So this way you are able
to edit any SVG graphic from OpenClipart, and import it into OpenOffice. :)
Inkscape is very simple to learn and use. It is cross-platform, I mean it
can be installed under Windows, Mac (OSX), and Linux. A very detailed user
manual can be found here:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/index.php (a big shout to
Tavmjong Bah, its creator :))

Personally as an OpenOffice 2.0.1 user I use the 2nd variant (OOo+Inkscape)
so I can recommend it to you.

I hope that this answers your question. If you'll need some more details,
drop a mail to the mailing list! :)

Regards,

Molumen