[Clipart] Sea of Subjectivity

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sun Jan 29 03:41:53 PST 2006

B Kreps wrote:

> What resources are available? What is the ultimate goal and timeline?
> Given that there are already 5k or 6k images already online, it might be
> best to avoid a solution that requires processing all those submissions
> again - if it is even possible.

Other people already replied about resources: basically freedesktop.org
offer anything we need.

Timeline? There is not so good: the project approaches 2 years of
existence. We used to have monthly release and this resulted in a
healthy aflux of artists contributing images with the consequence of
having our images used in a lot of places.
With the infrastructure broken we skipped something like the last 3 or 4
releases and are losing contributors: newcomers who can't submit their
images and do not return later and older contributors who don't feel
motivated (for example Gerald has a lot of images and is unable to
submit them as a .zip)