[Clipart] What would it take to get a .19 release out?

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Mar 4 20:54:52 PST 2006

"Michael Moore" <stuporglue at gmail.com> writes:

> Also, there are only about 7 files in the incoming directory, several
> of which are the 0 size files. http://openclipart.org/incoming/
> ...shouldn't there be more somewhere?

There are two more directories that contain images that came in after
the pull for 0.18 was made.  They are as follows:
http://openclipart.org/incoming-pre-0.19
http://openclipart.org/incoming-pre-0.20

Apparently, someone had started a 0.19 release at some point in the
past, but as near as I can tell it never came to fruition.  So the
incoming-pre-0.19 directory has been sitting there for a while.

Subsequently, I have recently started working toward a 0.20 release,
because I didn't want the backlog to pile up too much longer.
However, I'd be happy to let you help with that, if you like.

A lot of the files are 0 bytes and need to be recovered from the
upload log, but if you want I could send you the _other_ ones, and let
you run them through the procedure, while I work on recovering the
0-byte ones.

Or I could just do it all, but it'll be taking me a while.

There are also a number of .wmf files, which will need to be converted
probably by someone who has wmftosvg working.  I had it working on my
previous system, but I haven't got a spare Round Tuit for that on my
current system yet.  (I did have a cursory go at it, but the compiler
is giving me "undefined reference" errors and just now I don't feel
like trying to debug an arcane build process for C code that probably
relies on some obscure library I haven't installed.)  Anyone who has
wmftosvg working could help with this, just reply here and I'll zip up
or tar up (your preference) the wmf files and send them over to you.
Note that past experience suggests wmf2svg does not do a very good
job, so you do want to have wmftosvg instead.