[Clipart] Satellite Clipart

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Mar 15 07:00:59 PST 2006

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form <noreply at openclipart.org> writes:

> I submitted an engineering and computer related .SVG zipped pack.
> I've optimized these single SVG (they were infested of superfluous
> tags, that I've just removed) and I'd like to update the existing
> and add more of them. How can I do that?

We are working on deploying a web interface for doing exactly this
sort of thing.  It's called ccHost, and there's a preview installation
of it up now:
http://www.openclipart.org/cchost

However, it's not ready yet.  The primary issue is that the cchost
software did not support SVG format, so Bryce is working on adding
support for that.  Once that is working, we will have to import the
existing collection, and then we can probably start using it, although
I'm sure there will be still some rough edges to iron out.

However, you can go ahead and register for an account on our ccHost
installation, if you like, and let us know what your account name is
on it.  _Hopefully_, when we are ready to import the collection, we
will be able to link people's contributions in the existing collection
to their account in the new system, although we have not yet discussed
how to do that.  It seems like an important thing for us to do,
though, because it would allow authors to update their work.

> Beside this, some time ago I'd asked you to, please, remove my
> e-mail address (when I entered it in the submit form I didn't
> suspect it will be published and since then I'm receiving lots of
> spam).

Oops.  I thought that was a solved issue.

Ah, I had at one point added a feature to the script that compiles the
authors list so that it would munge anything that looked like an email
address, but apparently I did not make that behavior the default, and
so for the last release it was not done.

I will change the script so that doing that is the default behavior,
so that it will normally happen.  Also, I have manually munged your
email address in the authors list currently on the site.

Sorry about that.  When we put an "Author" field in the upload form,
we did not imagine that people would put an email address in there.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/