[Clipart] Satellite Clipart

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Wed Mar 15 09:30:28 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 10:00:59AM -0500, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form <noreply at openclipart.org> writes:
>
> > I submitted an engineering and computer related .SVG zipped pack.
> > I've optimized these single SVG (they were infested of superfluous
> > tags, that I've just removed) and I'd like to update the existing
> > and add more of them. How can I do that?
>
> We are working on deploying a web interface for doing exactly this
> sort of thing.  It's called ccHost, and there's a preview installation
> of it up now:
> http://www.openclipart.org/cchost
>
> However, it's not ready yet.  The primary issue is that the cchost
> software did not support SVG format, so Bryce is working on adding
> support for that.

Actually, I'm heading out of the country for the rest of the month.  I
posted the work for as far as I got to this list a couple weeks ago, so
if anyone else would like to test it in ccHost (and fix any remaining
bugs), please go ahead.  I don't think much work remains to get it
functioning.

> Once that is working, we will have to import the
> existing collection, and then we can probably start using it, although
> I'm sure there will be still some rough edges to iron out.

It would be nice if someone experimented with some small imports just to
get a feel for the procedure.  That way if it looks like some helper
tools need to be developed, then someone could do that.