[Clipart] Directory

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Tue May 2 02:46:09 PDT 2006

Elliott.Bignell at t-online.de wrote:
> 2 questions:
>
> 1) Is there a directory file online which an application could access
> giving the URLs of the current library content? If there is not,
> wouldn't this perhaps be a useful idea? Applications which use Open
> ClipArt would presumably benefit from being able to catalogue existing
> and/or new ClipArt online.

Sure: http://openclipart.org/clipart/
But our intention is to replace the current backend, so this URL is
expected to stop working at some point.

> 2) Reversing the first question, is there a quick way for an application
> to submit a ClipArt to the library automatically? I would like a
> one-click option for users to contribute particularly cute evolutionary
> ClipArt shapes from HeadCase to the global pool. I had originally
> intended one for HeadCase users only, but this seems more
> public-spirited. Could one, for instance, submit a simple HTTP request
> from the app? What would it have to look like?

There is also an old feature request about this on Inkscape:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1059410&group_id=93438&atid=604309

It may be possible to hook-up something to the current uploader
(http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/upload_svg.cgi), but this also will be
replaced with something else, the current plan being to use cchost:
http://openclipart.org/cchost/

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/