[Clipart] stats

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Oct 14 09:43:01 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 17:32 +0200, Ruud Steltenpool,
http://svg.startpagina.nl wrote:
>   > There has to be a way to read around the namespace issue with SVG,
>  > > because the namespaces are completely valid XML and the validators
>  > > should read this fine...
>  > >
>  > > Great!
>  > >
>  > > Jon
>  > >
>  > hi jon,
>  > to my understanding, the w3c svg validator still needs some work and it
>  > does not give the true picture.  can't remember where i read or heard
>  > this.  on another list i guess.
>

> The W3 validator is indeed far from perfect, see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Jul/
> It doesn't ignore the extra namespace things for example
> My 2plainSVG.php is only a workaround for exactly that bug, to make the
> validator result more useful and readable.
>
> As the W3 validator also does not have unlimited resources that list is
> most likely interested in the openClipArt validation
> activities/code/service?
>
> Cheers,
>
> stelt

Hi Stelt, I think we are best to push to get the validator working
better by showing them our results rather than hacking a fix to push our
SVG through their system.

Could you communicate this on their list and show what we have...you
could also point to our code.

This is cool. I would really like to see the validator really validating
properly so we can promote and use all around.

Ideally, we could put a validate link inside inkscape too for developers
and users...but that would not be very good until their validator reads
namespaces properly.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org