[Clipart] RE: Requests wiki page

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Oct 28 12:31:53 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 09:43 -0600, Gerald Ganson wrote:
> As you know, I've been going through the requests page and dealing with
> as many of the requests as possible.
>
> Some of these requests are outside of my area of ability or interest, so
> other artists will be required to fulfill every reqeust, but I'd like
> some feedback on what to do about a couple of specific requests again...
>
> 1: Tauntaun(!) clipart
>
> This is a StarWars animal character, and I wonder if we can place an
> image of one into the public domain ? Any thoughts on this concept ?

Hmmm...this is a good question...I don't think we should include it, but
then how could a distro include a picture of an ipod to use when one is
loaded.

> 2: cool graphics for generic business cards. I love the bluemen but
> can't figure out how to download them for copy. I am new at this.
>
> I think this person is asking how to use the images found already in the
> collection at
> http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/people/stickmen.
>
> (At first I thought perhaps it was a request for a clipart of the
> "blueman group", but I think I have figured out the request.)

Hmmm..I don't think again, that we can or should include this
trademarked/protected image.

> Perhaps a link to inkscape, and a brief explanation of how to use SVG.

Yes, this is good...if you look on the wiki, I started a bunch of pages
like http://openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Inkscape which show how to
use our clip art with different programs...if there are some missing,
please add them :)

> Anyways, just wondering about these two, please email me your feedback.
>
> Thanks
> Gerald

Cool Gerald, thanks for pushing on the requests so much...very very
cool!

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org