[Clipart] RE: Requests wiki page

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Sun Oct 29 23:51:09 PST 2006

Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 09:43 -0600, Gerald Ganson wrote:
>>
>> 1: Tauntaun(!) clipart
>>
>> This is a StarWars animal character, and I wonder if we can place an
>> image of one into the public domain ? Any thoughts on this concept ?
>
> Hmmm...this is a good question...I don't think we should include it, but
> then how could a distro include a picture of an ipod to use when one is
> loaded.

Look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Taun_taun.png

Author 	Lucas, Jr.; George W., McQuarrie; Ralph, Tippett; Philip
Permission United States patent illustration - public domain

I would venture to say we are free to draw such animals, even with a
traced version (attached)

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/