[Clipart] CChost: Imbedded images in SVG's

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 20:51:01 PDT 2006

> > Would it be to scan the SVG for the <image\> tag and reject all SVG's
> > that contain this?
>
> Hmm...I think its a good idea to reject SVG with the image tag...
>
> I think though we need some file checking procedure in ccHost to do some
> purification, more validation, etc. What do you think?
>
> Michael Moore, didn't you make some scripts for this?

Not exactly. I wrote a script that created a script that wrote the
text meta-data files like this:

Title: AZ-lizard
Author: Benji Park
License: http://web.resource.org/cc/PublicDomain

It would be pretty easy to modify it to find any given tags, but it
sounds like what you may be looking for is more of an SVG validator,
which fails on script and image tags. An SVG validator would be able
to flag any other XML problems that a script/image specific script
would miss.

Although, checking for script/image tags, then trying to create a
thumbnail with inkscape, and giving an error if Inkscape encounters an
error may be good enough.

--
Michael Moore