[Clipart] Old Books with illustrations

Russell Ossendryver worldlabel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:36:21 PDT 2007

>Now whether someone downloading an image, making a sketch of it using
>their favorite SVG editor, and then uploading it to OpenClipArt.org is
>covered under their personal use clause, is up for debate.

Yes that is a debate :)  I would think that one can. I little futher
investigating, they are charging a commercial fee for High Resolution
image  they will deliver.

The public domian images scanned are available from many other sources
who have also scanned the same image. For example:

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgkeysearchresult.cfm?keyword=Brookshaw%2C+George%2C&submit.x=20&submit.y=13

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&rls=GGLJ%2CGGLJ%3A2006-47%2CGGLJ%3Aen&q=+George+Brookshaw&btnG=Search+Images