[Clipart] How d I download the full version

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:45:19 PDT 2007

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> With the high number of images gathered, the download would be quite
> big, so is questionable if we really want to have one such "download
> all" package.

Yes, but it's just bandwidth, and once the package is compiled and
compressed, it's significantly less bandwidth than serving up the same
number of images untarballed along with all the surrounding page html.

On top of that, downloading the one tarballed file is a single http file
request that is a lot less server intensive than all the PHP execution
and SQL queries that accompany someone browsing the collection.  Plus
the tarballed file can be served from mirrors to minimize impact of the
bandwidth use.

I think the biggest challenge is finding enough people with enough time
and serendipity to put an editorial spin on compiling the packages in
some sort of meaningful way.

- Greg