[Clipart] celebrity image

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 12:12:49 PST 2007

Perhaps there needs to be a special warning on such pages, stating that
while the image itself is public domain with respect to copyright,
images of famous people carry other restrictions and you should consult
an attorney before using it in commercial projects.

I don't believe that such images should be rejected, because they do
have a lot of legitimate uses.  But beyond a "consult an attorney"
disclaimer, I don't know how much more you can do.  Heck, most people
still write in and ask for permission to use the images because they
won't RTFM.

You could put up 50 point blinking red letters, and some people would
miss them.

Add the disclaimer to the image description/page, and let it go.