[Clipart] Review re: copyright

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Wed Nov 28 09:17:42 PST 2007

Gerald Ganson wrote:
> I posted a review of a request yesterday, but I'm not sure if anyone is
> actually reading reviews.
>
> (Link) http://openclipart.org/media/reviews/wkdesign/4164#1760
>
> Basically I believe the user "wkdesign" is the artist/owner of the
> graphics which are posted at ...
>
> http://www.clipproject.info
>
> and hence he has kindly placed some images in the requests folder to be
> turned into SVG and added to OCAL.
>
> I just thought I'd write to the list and see if anyone has an opinion on
> going ahead with these images, or contacting wkdesign or something.

Writing a review does not automatically send message to the owner? You
could have also flagged as possible violation, that should also send him
a mail.

> Should we be confirming the permission to place these images in the PD ?

Definitely. If he does not reply in a reasonable time probably a private
mail is in order.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/