[Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] Browsing interface

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Aug 19 03:04:12 PDT 2008

Also, I would add, that we don't have an official graphical browser.
There are projects like Jonathan's that use Open Clip Art Library for
content and traffic. That is just fine, as all content is PD and no one
has gotten the task done on OCAL.

Of course, we'd love to have a built-in way.

Jon

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 08:50 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> noreply at openclipart.org wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Alberto,
>
> > Why doesn't the browsing interface show the picture for each item? It is just impossible to search for anything with such an interface.
>
> We are fully aware of that, is the feedback we receive the most (and we
> also endure the pain when we try to use the site)
>
> > Just before you say that it is easy to comment but do nothing, the previous interface for Open Clipart Library with thumbnails was designed by me.
>
> Since we moved to the current solution we hoped someone will contribute
> the enhancement. Along this time we had a number of people who started
> to work on that but usually we haven't heard anything back.

San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing
GLOBAL +1.415.830.3884
CHINA +86.1.360.282.8624
jon at rejon.org