[Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] clker.com - part 3

worms invasion wormsxulla at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 00:41:52 PST 2008

Hello,

Oh, right. So that makes ONE mention - not viewable
from the main site and hidden in a blog article.

Still... it doesn't make any of the work placed on the
site "attributable" - even only in spirit - to their
author. So, is OCAL FAQ wrong ? Where is the
"like-minded" spirit ?

Whereas... the other site wpclipart cited by Nicu has
a clear (and accessible from the main page) "Legal"
page, it also cites openclipart several times, and
you'll note it clearly says: "My website is mine. I do
not expect anyone to copy my site or the image
collection (in large part) to host online or sell. "

Please understand... I'm not asking for any legal
action or anything. I contributed freely to OCAL,
aware of the advantages or drawbacks.
But as a small member of a sharing community, I'm not
happy with the way clker.com abuses OCAL in general,
and I think it's perfectly fair to call it a leecher
(or pirate). Leechers exist. I don't like them ;-)

That was my opinion. Anyone is entitled to have their
own, even if it's "not nice". I'm glad I expressed it
:-)

http://www.clker.com/blog/2007/11/18/how-to-add-clker-images-to-openofficeorg/#more-3