[Clipart] leechers and pirates

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Feb 6 09:38:53 PST 2008

Agree on many points below, but wrt to the technical infrastructure...we
are abundant in artists but not developers/techies to help on our site,
and this has been the case since the beginning...

Regardless of the system, we will always need some technical people to
help out and the bug level has just gotten too high.

Best to focus what technical skills we have and kill the problems asap
rather than create more with the ole system switcheroo deadend/custom
solution.

Jon

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 17:25 +0100, momo at lumenstudio.net wrote:

> >> the framework stack to reach real ocal code is VERY discouraging
>
> Hmmm.. That's what I was afraid of. CCHOST is far too complicated for
> the common web programmer to be easily transformable and I suspect for
> quite some time already that it was a somewhat unclever choice to move
> to this platform (even if I was excited about it at the very
> beginning)... it has a lot of old and unresolved bugs (like the upload
> bug that keeps me from uploading about 150 cliparts or the broken
> links that once in a time keep me away from the cleaning process), and
> very few people willing to contribute code mainly because of its
> complexity.
>
> To tell you the truth I'm a little afraid about OCAL's future because
> of CCHOST's poor user friendliness...
>
> Also, I agree with John when he says "As someone who has contributed a
> file or two here, I am happy to have them spread around.  The
> important part is that the clipart is available".
>
> Molumen

San Francisco, CA
CHINA PH +86 1-360-282-8624
jon at rejon.org