[Clipart] Help with the script - was: Re: A couple of server problems

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Tue Feb 19 01:32:15 PST 2008

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> but after download I noticed a bug in the script, is not ready yet

I run a find command and create a file containing all the filenames for
SVG and SVGZ files under "people" (all its subdirectories, not the
directory root)
http://openclipart.org/people/filelist.txt

Then I pass this as input to tar:
cat filelist.txt | xargs tar -cjf ../downloads/daily_SVG_snapshot.tar.bz2

However, the result is bad:
http://download.openclipart.org/downloads/daily_SVG_snapshot.tar.bz2, it
is about 36 MB in size and is truncated to the last files (a verbose run
shows it process all the files).

I am doing something wrong? Is there any quota in place? I'm affraid I
do something terribly stupid, this is why I asked here for a sanity
check before going to support at osuosl.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/