[Clipart] Fwd: Question about style guidelines

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 08:31:08 PST 2008

G'day,

> I am collecting opinions on Style Guidelines:
>
> http://openclipart.org/wiki/Style_Guidelines

Thanks for doing this.

> My questions are:
>
> * Would you prefer tags like "style_photorealistic" or just
> "photorealistic"?

I would prefer style_photorealistic (or style:photorealistic), to make
it easy to distinguish the tags.

[snip]

> * What other styles can you propose?

Some existing style like tags and/or name elements (in the 0.18 release) are:
bw
color
outline
contour
cartoon

I would find it very useful to have these as conventional style tags,
so that it is easy to search for, e.g. only color (or non-bw)
non-cartoons...

I would also suggest that we have a default polarity: e.g that color
is not tagged, only black and white (bw).

Finally, I agree with posters who said that it will be hard to tag
things consistently, but I think having (a) guidelines with examples
would be a great help in encouraging consistency and (b) even if a few
images are hard to decide on, the tags will still be useful in
general.

Yours,

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>