[Clipart] Many clipart under one file entry, or separate files for separate entries?

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 6 01:15:07 PDT 2009

chovynz wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>     I draw all my clipart from the start in squared bounding boxes of
>     128x128px (is SVG, so it can be easily resized) and my PNGs are usually
>     generated by a script to ensure the file size (you may have noticed that
>     I tend to upload more than one file at a time).
>

> Interesting process. I do most of my work manually (mostly because I
> dont know any better). Can I have a look at your script?

Is a bit pretentious to call it "script" since is an one-liner:

for i in *.svg; do inkscape -f "$i" -e "$i.png" -w 128; done

As you can see, it ensure the *width* to be 128px, to fit the layout of
my clipart site (clipart.nicubunu.ro), replace with -h 128 for best
compatibility with openclipart.org

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/