[Clipart] other newbie question: how does the thumbnailing work internally?

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Tue Apr 28 06:05:44 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have been eying the discussions about thumbnails; I also read it on
the roadmap:
‘Add graphical thumbnails to all clip art’

But I don’t really understand how this works now, There is no script
that programatically produces thumbnails server-side? So the thumbnail
has to be added to the upload, i.e. as an extra PNG file?

What is the current method of implementing them than?

Question 2:  Are the thumbnail files the same as the preview images?
(the ones you see when you click to see the details of an image)

Because I was going to suggest for those to be much bigger, like 512px
or something; but that would not go well together with being thumbnail

Eric