[Clipart] Permission to Reprint Clipart for Scientific Investigation of Memory

Marisa Rene Knight mrknight at usfca.edu
Thu Jun 18 16:40:06 PDT 2009

Dear Members,

I am contacting you to inquire about requesting permission to reprint
the attached images of everyday objects in a figure that will appear in
a professional scientific journal. My research group used several images
from Clker.com in an investigation of memory and our manuscript has been
accepted for publication. I checked with the editorial staff at the
journal after reading through the disclaimer and the status of the
images being, to the best of the site operator's knowledge, public
domain. Nevertheless, the editorial staff indicated that I will need to
obtain permission to reprint the images from their original creators,
even if the figures are stated to be in the public domain. Is it
possible to obtain permission from this site or from the original
contributers of the images I would like to use? I have attached the 9
images we are hoping to reprint (guitars (2), keys, apples (2), socks,
airplane, cassettes(2). I appreciate your time and consideration of my
request.

Best Regards,

Marisa

Marisa Knight, M.S., Ph.D.