[Clipart] how to create new openclipart releases?

Michael Krnac michaelkrnac at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 1 14:55:11 PST 2009

I also thought about packaging.

OpenClipart uses ccHost (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost)
ccHost has an API to get data. (http://ccmixter.org/query-api)

But i have some problems using these API.

For a package we need all Cliparts from one tag (for example animals).
Here a example to get the data for the tag "ant".
http://openclipart.org/media/api/query?tags=ant&f=html

It works fine, but html is not so good to use further. XML would be nice!
http://openclipart.org/media/api/query?tags=ant&f=xml

But the XML has a messed up structure.

The next problem is that when i want the data from an tag with a lot of
objects like "animal" the Api doesn't work anymore.

Another problem is that in the api data sometimes there is an svg linked and
sometimes the png preview.

I think for clean packages there are some work to do.
- seperate in the upload GUI svg and preview
- create some basic categories ... every clipart can only be in one
categorie

Jochen maybe we can work on that together... in german :-)

Michael