[Clipart] Metadata inside svg, linking to RDF outside. Public Domain licences?

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sun May 31 23:14:04 PDT 2009

Hi all. I don't know alot about svg's metadata, nor about RDF. (Most of my
experience has been in visual communications, and not in non-visual
communication forms)

What Metadata licence should Inkscape Svg's use?
http://web.resource.org/cc/PublicDomain
Or
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/

The first links to a seemingly empty page. But when you look at the source
of the parent, it has embeded into it:

    <License rdf:about="http://web.resource.org/cc/PublicDomain">
        <dc:title>public domain</dc:title>
        <dc:description>no copyright; everything is permitted without
restriction</dc:description>
    </License>

The second links to human readable Public Domain certification by Creative
Commons.

Due to ignorance on my part (and not knowing where to look) and owing to a
guess, I've been saving cliparts that I'm uploading to OCAL with the human
readable Creative Commons licence. But having just looked at the source code
of the parent of the "empty" RDF page, I'm having second thoughts.

What should I (and other people) use?

--
Cheers
Chovynz