[Clipart] 30K! and ready to launch!!!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Apr 25 19:36:03 PDT 2010

cheers

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Jarod Russel <JarodR at gmx.de> wrote:
> Alright I will give my 0.2 cents to this. I think Jon had good intentions,
> but I do not see vectorized photographs as something openclipart should
> include in the collection. I know there is a why to make vectorized
> photographs look like the original or almost like it. Those vectorized
> images take to much away from the original and it simply doesn't look good
> (sorry jon).

That's a value judgment. Just because you don't think they look good
does not invalidate them. I'm strongly opposed to value judgments on
quality of clip arts. Where can you draw the line?

> I also see people in some of those photographs. I really hope that is you
> Jon or at least somebody you got a model release signed from. If not you
> better write in your description down that no model release was obtained.
> You simply infringe this peoples privacy rights.

I'm removing the ones without model release or people you can make
out. Fair enough. And, I found a few clearly recognizable brands,
removing those too.

> Another thing I noticed is the fact that I click on the thumbnail or svg
> button and get a xml file instead of the vectorized image. Don't know what
> the problem is and it seems to happen with your images only.

They are still valid SVG. You can open them in SVG editor. Its a
problem with the browsers. As far as I'm concerned, they are ok. The
thumbnails are fine.

Jon