[Clipart] Now down to business...

SEb sebastien.lanteigne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:11:36 PDT 2010

First I'd like to congratulate you guys for the new beta interface. I
must admit one of the reasons I never used the site before is because
it made me cringe every time I looked at it and it wasn't very fun to
navigate. The new interface is much better.

I'm currently uploading a bunch of contribution of my own  and I was
wondering how I can help integrate a few ideas I have in mind.  I can
write HTML, PHP and some javascript when needed and I pretty familiar
with Apache. So I can possibly lend a hand on the technical side.

My ideas include the ability to make sets. For example I made a set of
clipart with a 'magic theme' as and openoffice.org extension.
(http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/trick_n_magic)

Now I'm splitting those and uploading them but wouldn't it be nice if
I could tell people. 'Hey, this clipart if part of a set!' and offer
the option to view the rest of the set. From there, since clipart are
often used in office suites, have the option to download the set as an
openoffice.org extension.

An openoffice.org extension is really just a zip file so it wouldn't
be too hard to wrtte a script that fills the various information using
the user data and some extra data collected when creating a set, then
gathers the svg that are part of the set, generates png files and
compresses the whole thing as and extensions.

Just my 2 cents for now.

In the meantime I'll resume my bug hunting and report any findings to launchpad.

Seb.