[Clipart] Librarian jobs

J. Alves alvesjmp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:29:51 PDT 2010

> Unfortunatly, I don't yet have the skills to do make that happen. So in the
> mean-time, we can do it manually, or if you have php skills you can help
> guide me through actually making that automatic tool!

Dang, if it was Perl it would take all of 30 seconds to write that,
but I don't know php... Time to learn, maybe? :-) OK, maybe a little
more than 10 seconds, because I'd need to know how the database schema
stores the info -- I would suppose the tags are separate from each
other, but since this "bad comma" behavior is happening (and the
general behavior of the site, like the order of tags being maintained,
etc.) I guess the tags for a given clipart are all stored in one
database row, together.

In which case something like the following, on the script that
receives the upload info but before it's sent to the DB, would solve
the problem:

@tags = split(/,/, $tags);    # assuming tags are in one string,
separate based on comma in put in list
foreach (@tags) {
    $_ =~ s/^\s+//;     # remove all space in the beginning of each tag
    $_ =~ s/\s+$//;     # remove all trailing space
}
$newtag = join(", ", @tags);    # join the "cleaned up" tags using ",
" (comma space) and put it all in a variable

Now, that's Perl. If someone can translate... :-)

Cheers