[Clipart] DeviantART WAS : [Re: More nsfw stuff]

Seb sebastien.lanteigne at gmail.com
Tue May 4 14:56:04 PDT 2010

On 05/05/2010 01:44 AM, Gerald Ganson wrote:
> [...]
There is a whole lot to be learned from deviantART. I think their
approach to "inappropriate" content is very good. That aside I would lot
if OCAL could evolve in the kind of community DA has.

I've been a member for a couple years and I really like it.

Some feature I think  we use too include:
1. Ratings: The ability to rate files and offer users the options to
browser cliart by ratings. Currently only "by download" exist.
Personally on websites I often rate things that I never download so I
consider it a better metric. People have to go out of their way to rate
something which means it must be worth rating.

2. Portfolio: Self Explanatory.

3. Sets: we talked about it in another thread but I just want to suggest
that we implement it in a way similar to how folders are implemented in
DA galleries. See my gallery here: http://tamtan.deviantart.com/gallery/
. The folders are on the left side. We could implement the set display
in a similar way.

4. The ability to "scroll" from one picture to the other within an
artists collection. See the Previous and next button on top of the image
here : http://tamtan.deviantart.com/art/Ace-of-Hearts-72584494

Sorry I come up with all sort of ideas but I haven't had a chance to
really look at Aiki yet so it might be a while before I can implement
anything myself but I figure it's better to at least get the ball rolling.

S.