[Clipart] Display bug?

Jon Phillips jon at fabricatorz.com
Sat Dec 10 21:07:22 PST 2011

Yes, I think the artists page needs a rework. Its pretty useless. We
should order differently and allow for discovering artists styles and
them as people better. Please file a plan on this and help us :)

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:45 PM, J. Alves <alvesjmp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, working like before now. I just didn't file a bug report at
> once because I thought this might have been some kind of "design
> decision" as sometimes happen. You know, it's a feature, not a bug.
> Anyway, thanks a lot for the quick response.
>
> This reminds me of another question of the type "not necessarily a
> bug, but weird": in the "Artists" page, what is the criterion for
> ordering artists that are shown? Is it random? There is a tendency of
> people with more uploads to be closer to the top, but it's not
> correctly sorted if that is the criterion (e.g. the top uploader is
> the second person on the list). Antiquity of membership is also not
> consistent. If there is a reason for the order, I don't get it. Not
> that it is actually important, but just in case the idea was to rank
> by uploads or age of membership, then it is not working...
>
> Cheers
>
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Jakub Jankiewicz <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:
>> It's fixed. If you notice something like this you should report a Bug
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart
>>
>> On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 00:21:24 -0200
>> "J. Alves" <alvesjmp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> After a long time away, and seeing the site was back up, I decided to
>>> go take a look and had some problems. So I wondered whether something
>>> was changed on purpose or if there is a problem with the site since
>>> the move to a new host.
>>>
>>> Both on Firefox 8 and Chromium 14.0.x (both on Ubuntu) I can never see
>>> more than one page of anything I try to access -- the link to more
>>> pages have disappeared. I tried the "My Clipart", the "Artists", the
>>> by_hits_lastmonth, and others, all with the same result: the site
>>> shows the first page, but never a link to the next to be seen. I
>>> believe it's a bug, but since I wasn't completely sure I decided to
>>> ask here first before filing a bug report...
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>> --
>> Jakub Jankiewicz
>> twitter: @jcubic
>> www: http://jcubic.pl
>

> --

Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)