[Clipart] Is this acceptable for PD / CC0? postregsql logo

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:07:54 PDT 2011

Hi all

I'm having a little trouble determining about this
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/postgresql-logo-by-abdobelk

It's a logo, and I assumed that it was copyrighted. When I looked into it
though, it becomes complicated to identify the licence that the artwork is
licenced under. The software is licenced under and "almost" BSD licence.
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/postgresql . However, I can find a few
places where it looks like the artwork is CC-BY-SA.
http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda

I think their intent is to make it as open as possible, (which is good
intent), but "technically" the wording of those licences is still not open
enough to include THEIR LOGO in our PD / CC0 Library.

Other places where a licence is mentioned:

Copyright © 1996 – 2011 PostgreSQL Global Development Group (on every page)
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/graphics/

What are your thoughts on this? Allow or disallow?

--
Cheers
Chovynz