[Clipart] some problems

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 15:38:51 PDT 2011

Thank you gnokii

There are some solutions which are immediatly available if you are
interested.
1.) You can let a librarian know which cliparts are violating copyight. I am
a librarian that you could contact with this info.

2.) You could become a librarian yourself, and just add the pd_issue tag, so
that the clipart is notified.

3.)

On 19 September 2011 23:40, S.Kemter <buergermeister at karl-tux-stadt.de>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I look to OCAL then there are more and more problems with ppl they
> dont
> look after copyrights and trademarks. Like this one
>

> http://www.openclipart.org/detail/161239/android-attack-by-searchclippr-161239
>
> there are plenty more from that user. Nicu told me once I can use the tag
> pd_issue for marking them and alert the librarians. Sur I can edit when I
> logged in tags, but aiki dont keep my changes.
> So how should I tell the librarians, there is work needed from them? Ok now
> can write them a personal message, but that means I have to find one first
> then
> go to his user profil and copy the address of the violating clipart and
> hopefully I got the right librarian and he does something against it. Not I
> useful way, think u not?

I am an active librarian. Simply posting to the mailing list will get some
action on it.

> Second, we have a twitter feed and an in facebook to, what I see is he is
> filled from the feed in period times, what means there are at a point some
> of
> them and a lot. Not very effective.
> But the more ugly thing is that, stuff like that violation on top is
> distributed also in that way. What means more and more ppl come and think
> they
> can upload everything. So we make us a new problem this way.

Yes, this is a problem , which is why we take a (gentle but firm)
no-tolerance stance to clipart that is violating copyright. Public Domain
clipart is quite easy to make and find. I will action these myself, but I
would also appreciate if you have time, to come onbaord as a librarian as
well. That way, you could tag violating clipart yourself.

> Ok, no grousing without bringing a solution. Mostly the violations come
> from
> new users so why not set up an trial period for them? Maybe for ten
> cliparts
> let them not immediatly publish, first let the librarians take a look.

interesting idea. I'll add this to a feature request.

Thank you for bringing this up. Please consider becoming a librarian to help
us out with things like this. :) Keep up the great work! I will help with
training you to be a librarian if you require it.

Cheers
Librarian Chovynz