[Clipart] some problems

S.Kemter buergermeister at karl-tux-stadt.de
Mon Sep 19 04:40:00 PDT 2011

Hello,

when I look to OCAL then there are more and more problems with ppl they dont
look after copyrights and trademarks. Like this one

http://www.openclipart.org/detail/161239/android-attack-by-searchclippr-161239

there are plenty more from that user. Nicu told me once I can use the tag
pd_issue for marking them and alert the librarians. Sur I can edit when I
logged in tags, but aiki dont keep my changes.
So how should I tell the librarians, there is work needed from them? Ok now I
can write them a personal message, but that means I have to find one first then
go to his user profil and copy the address of the violating clipart and
hopefully I got the right librarian and he does something against it. Not I
useful way, think u not?

Second, we have a twitter feed and an in facebook to, what I see is he is
filled from the feed in period times, what means there are at a point some of
them and a lot. Not very effective.
But the more ugly thing is that, stuff like that violation on top is
distributed also in that way. What means more and more ppl come and think they
can upload everything. So we make us a new problem this way.

Ok, no grousing without bringing a solution. Mostly the violations come from
new users so why not set up an trial period for them? Maybe for ten cliparts
let them not immediatly publish, first let the librarians take a look.

br gnokii