[Clipart] Misunderstanding about CC0/PD

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jul 3 13:09:35 PDT 2013

I had a long debate with a top contributor, Sirko Kemter
(http://openclipart.org/user-detail/gnokii). He is unhappy people are
using his works without credits and even passing them as their own works.
I pointed this is allowed by our license CC0/PD, even if not nice is
totally legal. Sirko disagree: he's from Germany, one of the countries
where moral rights can't be waived (they can't be even in my own country),
so he feels  our license does not fully apply to him.

I am posting here hoping he will reply clarifying a possible
misunderstanding. Else, if he disagree with our policies here
http://openclipart.org/may-clipart-be-used-comparison (especially "Use or
display an Image in such a manner that gives the impression that the Image
was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of that
Image") then I believe we will have to mark all his uploads as pd_issue.