[Clipart] Misunderstanding about CC0/PD

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jul 3 14:44:14 PDT 2013

S.Kemter wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Sirko,

You forgot to add the list as a recipient and sent the message only
privately to me.

> the CC0 is legal, but a guy named Nicu Buculei cant read but interprets
> laws and licenses.

I am glad you replied, since this is a proper place to discuss this issue,
not a random G+  conversation.

So have a look at the page listing the terms we are offering our images
under: http://openclipart.org/may-clipart-be-used-comparison
Do you agree with them, all of them, or do you think some of them do not
apply to your submissions?

Thank you.

> A few mintues ago, he told me the following:
> ]
> "Copyright and Related Rights", where Related Rights include also moral
> rights.
>
> I find that very funny because in paragraph 1 is explained what in this
> cas
> copyright and related rights means and guess what
>
> *ii moral rights retained by the original author(s) and/or performer(s);
> *
> so it looks, Nicu has a little problem reading and understanding licenses

Yes, you are reading it wrong, it says Related Rights include the moral
rights, that's a quote from the full legal text of the license:

"Copyright and Related Rights include, but are not limited to, the
following: [...] moral rights retained by the original author(s) and/or
performer(s);"
(http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode)

Point 1. lists the rights and then point 2. waives them.