[Cogl] [RFC] wip/cogl-2.0

Neil Roberts neil at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 17 05:44:16 PDT 2012

Here's some minor feedback. Other than that the patches look good to
land to me.

=== 88f0ac9 Add _COGL_STATIC_ASSERT macro

+_COGL_STATIC_ASSERT (sizeof (unsigned long) <= sizeof (void *),

Hrmm.. this assertion is backwards, isn't it? It's not a problem with
the patch though so I could make a separate patch to fix it unless you
want to sneak in the fix and help me hide my mistake :)

(in cogl-util.h)

+#include "config.h"

I don't think it's expected to include config.h from a header. I think
the assumption is that every C file has to include it and everything
will break if it doesn't. config.h doesn't have any include guards so
this will end up defining all of the macros twice. GCC seems to let you
get away with this if you refedefine a macro to the same value but I
don't know whether that's part of the C standard.

=== e8b4e25 Removes all remaining use of CoglHandle

cogl-glsl-shader-boilerplate.h was renamed to the top level of the
source tree instead of in cogl/. Is that deliberate? It also hasn't been
renamed in the Makefile so presumably it will break the dist.

=== 266603a Switch use of primitive glib types to c99 equivalents

This seems to break building when GObject introspection is enabled.
Apparently it doesn't understand the C99 types so it can't work out what
type CoglAngle is. If we add something like this then it works:

#ifdef __GI_SCANNER__
#define int32_t gint32
#endif

Maybe we could just leave it anyway though and if anyone complains we
could tell them to file a bug against G-I.

Regards,
- Neil