[Cogl] [Resend][Request] Cherry-pick commit 93b7b4c85

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 02:10:20 PDT 2013

On 23/04/13 23:43, Robert Bragg wrote:
> Hi Emil,
>
> We did already cherry pick the msaa patch you refer to to the 1.14
> branch, though not the 1.12 branch so far.
>
> Because of a mistake I made when applying the patch, it is split into two parts:
> 1f84b5c9b41fb053e7d96b93e3558ca03eed2ae0
> 8a1353a215abf0d51befda30796839e096546f58
>
> I guess you are using the 1.12 branch a.t.m and that's how you came
> across this problem?
Guilty as charged (at least at the time of writing the original email),
just moved to gnome 3.8.

> I would have guessed that people using gnome 3.6 wouldn't tend to
> update to a new major version of mesa before updating to gnome 3.8 and
> so wouldn't expect this to affect many users of the 1.12 branch.
In theory there is alot of places where people can get mesa 9.1 - 9.2,
even in some cases it's is the first recommendation for the "my game
runs too slow/flickers" issue. With that said I'm not sure sure what the
distributions' stance is on installing such packages

> If we think it is actually quite likely then I don't have any
> objection to cherry picking the patches to 1.12, and can look at
> spinning a release.
As I'm keeping close mesa master, I tend to have lots of fun. Not too
sure how many like me are out there. I think they can drop a line if
they "insist" on having it fixed for 1.12

Thanks
Emil