[Cogl] failure using cogl-gles2

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Mon Feb 4 01:40:32 PST 2013

On 1 February 2013 12:58, mahesh gawali <maheshgawali at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Tomeu : As you suggested I ran the webgl sample on MxLauncher and it
> rendered fine on my ARM target. But it still fails when run from
> ClutterLauncher. Is there anything more that I need to setup (with respect
> to GL/COGL !! ) when using ClutterLauncher for webgl to work?

Ah, I see now, I thought you were using MxLauncher all along.

In that case, we just need to fix ClutterLauncher, there's likely something
missing in there that was needed for WebGL (maybe setting some
preferences?).

Mind that MxLauncher and ClutterLauncher are just examples of how to use
the API, so if you are considering to write your own browser based on it,
you will need to master such things.

I think it shouldn't be so hard to fix it, please file a bug in
https://webkit-clutter.collabora.co.uk/newticket .

If you decide to fix it yourself, please attach a patch generated with
git-format-patch.

> I'll update when i have logs from enabling "*--cogl-debug=winsys*"

No need to, as we know already what was going on.

Regards,

Tomeu