[colord] colord not seeingscreens (maybe faulty EDID?)

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Sun May 6 01:12:33 PDT 2012

Hello colord,

Richard Hughes suggested I post to this list regarding gnome color manager not finding any color managed devices (i.e. being unaware that a screen exists) as it may be a colord issue.

The first time it happened to me, Richard wondered if it was a faulty EDID. It has now happened twice so it seems less likely that both EDID are faulty. In any case, I attach reports of the EDID of the two devices.

Further info - in each case, KDE kolor was able to see the screens and assign profiles to them. One is an external screen, an ASUS PA246Q, connected over HDMI (ACIFF24). The second is the internal screen in my Dell Precision M90 laptop (SEC3155). The EDID were captured with EDID manager under windows (a  program made by Extron Electronics).

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG