[colord] colord not seeingscreens (maybe faulty EDID?)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun May 6 03:15:05 PDT 2012

On 6 May 2012 09:12, Chris Lilley <chris at w3.org> wrote:
> Richard Hughes suggested I post to this list regarding gnome color manager not finding any color managed devices (i.e. being unaware that a screen exists) as it may be a colord issue.

Okay, the first thing to do is to check why gnome-settings-daemon is
ignoring the device and not registering something with colord. I'm
assuming you're not running the nvidia binary, so could you please do:

killall gnome-settings-daemon
killall gnome-settings-daemon
(press alt-f4 to clear the fail-whale)
/usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon --debug

and then attach the *whole* log back to the mailing list. Thanks dude.

Richard.