[compiz] Misc WM buglets

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Wed Apr 5 07:19:23 PDT 2006

> The server keeps the correct stacking order and compiz will track all
> changes reported by the server and update its linked list of top level
> windows accordingly. Compiz should never lose track of the stacking
> order on the server side but I guess there's some special case where
> compiz gets it wrong.
>
> A well described use-case that makes the visible stacking order wrong
> would be very useful.

Hmm, you don't see it at all? That's odd, it's pretty easy to trigger
and I think Quinn also sees this.

Basically, if you get 3 overlapping windows on one face of the cube, 2
on another, switch from 3 to 2 and back again, then try clicking on a
window and watch your click go "through" the window to the one
underneath which will then be raised.

So the _visible_ stacking order is correct, though I've seen windows
jump to the front on rotate too, but the input events don't seem to
correspond to what's on screen.

I'll have a poke at this myself at some point in the next few days
hopefully.