[compiz] Cube rotation

Peter Moberg moberg.peter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 08:11:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

First of all I would like to say that I love the work you are doing.
Xgl/compiz is a great project! I really appreciate what you are doing :)

However, there is one feature that I'm missing, or rather the possibility to
disable another feature. I would like to be able to use multiple viewports,
but I don't want the rotation animation. Sure, rotating the desktop to
switch viewport is fun for a while, but after a while I think its becoming
annoying.

Without having looked at the code I feel this would not be very hard to
implement; in the rotate plugin add the possibility to skip the entire
rotate animation and jump directly to the new viewport.

Would anyone be interested in implementing this?

Best Regards
Peter Moberg