[compiz] Cube rotation

Solerman Kaplon solerman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 09:38:15 PDT 2006

Peter Moberg escreveu:
> However, there is one feature that I'm missing, or rather the
> possibility to disable another feature. I would like to be able to use
> multiple viewports, but I don't want the rotation animation. Sure,
> rotating the desktop to switch viewport is fun for a while, but after
> a while I think its becoming annoying.
>
> Without having looked at the code I feel this would not be very hard
> to implement; in the rotate plugin add the possibility to skip the
> entire rotate animation and jump directly to the new viewport.
>
> Would anyone be interested in implementing this?
While I'm not looking at it right, I think you may use the gset-compiz
to configure the rotate to be so fast that you wouldn't notice the
rotation. While at it, what I would like to see is that the rotation
respected the key press timing instead of the rotate timing. I use the
shortcuts to rotate (eg: ctrl+alt+shift+left) to quickly put some window
into another desktop, but if I quickly press ctrl+alt+right to go back
to the prior desktop while the cube didn't ended the animation, it
pushes the window back to the original desktop. I want the window to
stay where I sent it, and I aint holding shift when I change back :)

edit: oops! forgot the list.

Solerman